I’ve made several of their recipes and somehow, they just don’t taste like the restaurant. Thanks. Red Robin's seasoning is the best seasoning I have ever had. With only 11 ingredients and 10 minutes, you'll have the perfect spicy / salty / zesty seasoning to add to your spice cabinet! You can rate the recipe and leave a comment below or tag us in your photos on Instagram. Store in an airtight container. Aside from crispy homemade french fries, this seasoning is great in these recipes: I’ve got a Free Meal Plan with 7 of my super popular recipes (complete with grocery list)! The bottle of seasoning is 16 ounces and very well priced. And friends, I am so very happy with the result. Bake fries for 15-20 minutes, stirring once, until crispy. https://topsecretrecipes.com/red-robin-seasoning-copycat-recipe.html Better than some fries you get from restaurants. Place the potato slices into a large bowl, pour over the olive oil and seasonings and mix well to coat; For Fries just put in a metal salt shaker with out any water. You just made your own Copycat Red Robin seasoning AT HOME. Or, you can use something like coconut sugar if that’s your jam. This Copycat Red Robin Seasoning has become a total staple in our spice cabinet, and we hope it does for you too! This seasoning was the bomb! Baked or Air Fried French Fries: Once the cut potatoes have been patted dry, toss them in olive oil. It adds a major Southwestern KICK. Known as the gourmet burger authority, Red Robin offers unique and delicious gourmet burgers and … Step up with your fries game by following this Red Robin-inspired steak fries recipe. We used it on homemade French fries we cooked in the air fryer. . I recommend making this seasoning in bulk and storing them in these spices jars. Hey Marla! Shake on French fries, chicken, burgers, pizza, popcorn and just about everything! Sort by. Serving Quality Since 1969: For over 40 years, Red Robin has been serving its famous Gourmet Burgers, Bottomless Steak Fries and Towering Onion Rings seasoned with our signature blend Red Robin Seasoning Salt. Known as the Gourmet Burger Authority, Red Robin offers unique and delicious gourmet burgers and other craveable entrees. * Coconut sugar is also a viable option if that's more your jam. I have been using this product for at least 5 years now, and it is always in my kitchen now. Hi Frank! HIGH SEASONING SATURATION. Store this seasoning mix in an air-tight container in your spice cabinet and use on everything from … Or, if you’re in the mood for extra flavor, try one of these homemade spice blends. Add the onion & pepper and cook until browned about 8-10 minutes. TOFU! Zaxby's uses a red seasoning salt; Checker's uses a delicious batter that gives the fries that unique, mouth-watering taste. Heat on medium-high heat to 375°F. Sprinkle the seasoning on the fries … This homemade french fry seasoning recipe can be used for fresh or frozen fries and is so easy to make! 4.7 5 0 19 19 The hot sauce that put buffalo wings on the map, Frank’s Red Hot gives a spicy, tangy flavour to this original seasoning. Life-Changing Chicken(less) Bouillon Powder, https://www.plantpowercouple.com/recipes/copycat-red-robin-seasoning/, Homemade French Fried Onions in the Air Fryer, 1 Tbsp organic white sugar (optional*, adds a flavor POW). Red Robin fries seasoning! When I was growing up, Red Robin was a happenin’ place to gather with friends on a Friday night or grab lunch after a Saturday at the mall with your mom. Sea salt and malt vinegar. share. The family loved them! Then again, maybe not! I can’t have fries without it now, I even add it to mashed and roasted potatoes! New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Season with salt, garlic powder or herbs. Before cooking, drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil on the cookie sheet. Poche's Cajun Seasoning Add a spicy Cajun flavor to any dish, with Poche's Cajun Seasoning. ‘Nuff said? . ), Your email address will not be published. Red Robin's seasoning is the best seasoning I have ever had. Up until this point in my life, I was pretty much a potato purist. If you’re not already following along, we’re @theplantpowercouple with the “the”. Thank you for this recipe!! -Stephanie. 2 1. Known as the Gourmet Burger Authority, Red Robin offers unique and delicious gourmet burgers and other craveable entrees. They now sell sweet potato fries in the freezer section im sure you can sub them in this recipe... i have never tryed i do not like sweet potatos. And follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! I took one whiff of this stuff, and I was sold. It made the fries taste like the wedges from the real Canadian superstore! Have the combined french fry seasoning ready and use a, I recommend making this seasoning in bulk and storing them in these. Usually at a kebab shop/Imbiss place. This is THE best seasoning recipe! Cooking Fries in Oil Peel and slice the potatoes into sticks. A warm, exotic, complex blend of spices from the corners of the earth, Red Head Rub & All Purpose Seasoning is as at home in the kitchen as it is on the grill or smoker. It’s kind of a big deal. 1 tablespoon of white or brown sugar (add more or less to taste) 1 tsp of black pepper . Known as the gourmet burger authority, Red Robin offers unique and delicious gourmet burgers and other craveable entrees. Place them on a plate lined with paper towels and sprinkle them immediately with french fry seasoning. Apr 1, 2016 - OLLIE'S TROLLEY Spices for Fries Receipe; Ollie's Red Spice for Fries Copycat 1/2 C sugar 1/2 C salt 2 TBS paprika 2 TBS ground cayenne 1 TBS ground cumin 1 TBS ground celery seed 1/2 TSP ground coriander seed 2 tsp garlic powder Mix together in a blender or jar. 24 ounces vegetable, canola, or peanut oil. Would it be bad to make this every day? That’s awesome Kim!!! Red Robin fries seasoning! This recipe is my own version of a special seasoning for french fries. Your email address will not be published. 3 large Russet potatoes, well scrubbed. Cut them up into potato sticks, place in a large bowl, and cover them with water; set aside for 30-ish minutes. Although the original seasoning is vegan on its own, I have seen some homemade copycat recipes calling for milk powder. Thanks! I moved from Germany two years ago and I need that in my life. Required fields are marked *, Thanks Roman, it’s definitely a yummy one!. We make vegan recipes that defy preconceived notions of plant-based food. MEANWHILE, mix evaporated milk, cheese and Seasoning Mix in medium saucepan. Place sliced potatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoning of choice. 20 comments. Dried herbs and spices are best if used between 1-3 years. I’ve made several of their recipes and somehow, they just don’t taste like the restaurant. Does anyone know what that red seasoning is sometimes found on fries/pommes? A spice blend like this is so much better than just using salt on your fries! Store this seasoning mix in an air-tight container in your spice cabinet and use on everything from fried or roasted potatoes to. Thanks! Deselect All. . Do not let it smoke. This Copycat Red Robin Seasoning is a heavenly seasoned salt that's incredible on everything from fried or roasted potatoes to veggie burgers + tacos. Just throw a bunch of seasonings in your food processor, pulse a few times, and BAM. I'll make this again for sure! Just let me at those fries! I promise, you won’t want to eat fries any other way after this. Prepare the potatoes by peeling them (if desired) and slicing them thinly to resemble fries. You can put it on vegetables, fish, meats, french fries, rice, and the list goes on. So delicious!! Being strapped for time doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor. I also added a Tbsp of sugar which I know may sound weird, but it adds a majora flavor POW like you wouldn’t believe. I love this recipe as it is close to my own. To your mix I would add two teaspoons of dried and ground rosemary. Treat the fries to a light coating of olive oil to help them crisp up while baking. This inspired me to add some nutritional yeast to the mix, and I’m glad I did! Hi Rick! Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring with a spatula about every 10-15 minutes. Rinse the oven fries in a colander to remove the starch, then pat dry with paper towels. (Please don't use vegetable oil!) I used garlic and onion powder and salt as well as the paprika. 92% Upvoted. www.redheadrub.com welcomes you to a new and exciting addition to the world of BBQ and beyond! Who made these french fries? https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236913/french-fry-seasoning That iconic yellow can adds a zip of spice to seafood, soups, fries, bloody marys, and much more. Helpful (16) Dave Andrews Rating: 4 stars 03/18/2018. When we created our purrrrfect, meaty vegan burgers, I knew the time was nigh. Cajun seasoning uses: Well just about everything! I can’t wait to try it! flour, garlic salt, onion salt, (regular) salt, and paprika into a large bowl. I use it whenever I cook, and I even put it on my eggs. THIS IS SO GOOD!!! Definitely a great seasoning recipe, this one’s a keeper. Bake for 40-45 minutes, … You can find this stuff on every table and on just about every basket of bottomless fries in the place. For over 40 years, Red Robin has been serving its famous Gourmet Burgers, Bottomless Steak Fries and Towering Onion Rings seasoned with our signature blend Red Robin Seasoning Salt. Thanks. Sprinkle french fry seasoning as evenly as you can over the fries and bake at 400°F until warm and golden brown. We love using this Copycat Red Robin Seasoning in our morning tofu scramble. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon (or more to taste) of seasoning over the fries. Cajun seasoning uses: Well just about everything! This thread is archived. Erik. A balance of salt, red pepper, garlic and spices gives this blend a flavorful taste.Enjoy Poche's seasoning with no limitations on any type of food whenever you like. The seasoning will light your taste buds on fire, but once you start munching it'll be hard to stop and you may find yourself with an empty bag in just one sitting. Your email address will not be published. I love red robins fries and wanted to figure out how to make my own version of them sooooo here it is. I will use this again every time we make fries in the future! -Stephanie. Try Cajun seasoning as an all-around seasoning blend on grilled chicken, oven fries, it is great on shrimp, steaks, pork, corn on the cob, roasted veggies, and classics like gumbo, maque choux, shrimp po-boys, shrimp etouffee, and jambalaya. Your email address will not be published. I particularly like it on popcorn. Throw on something cozy and join me in the kitchen! Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning the fries over halfway through the cooking time. 1 decade ago. Woooo! Hi Mary, I am so happy that you enjoy this! I've heard fries with this seasoning called "Crab Fries". Really appreciate it! Remove from oven and serve immediately. Sign up for my email list and I’ll send it over now along with weekly dinner recipes! You can omit the sugar if you reaaaally want though. Our Red Hot Riplets Chips are known for the advanced ridged technology that holds our seasoning so well. Okay, I’m officially putting this on EVERYTHING! The bottle of seasoning is 16 ounces and very well priced. I was making potato wedges and had a memory of Red Robin, did a quick google search, and came across this recipe. Serving Quality Since 1969: For over 40 years, Red Robin has been serving its famous gourmet burgers, bottomless steak fries and towering onion rings seasoned with our signature blend Red Robin seasoning salt. I have been using this product for at least 5 years now, and it is always in my kitchen now. 100/10 will make this when I run out! Although I recommend trying this with homemade french fries or Baked Potato Wedges. For a simple seasoning, sprinkle the fries with the salt and ½ teaspoon (0.90 g) of black pepper. Lv 4. Make the best seasoning of ever. There was a seasoning they had that you could shake on the french fries that tasted incredible. This is the best Arby’s Curly Fries recipe you will find! Known as the Gourmet Burger Authority, Red Robin offers unique and delicious gourmet burgers and … It has 20 unique spices and ingredients including; salt, black pepper, celery seed, cumin, oregano, sage, garlic, onion, paprika, tomato and smoke flavor. With only 11 ingredients and 10 minutes, you’ll have the perfect spicy / salty / zesty seasoning to add to your spice cabinet! I’m so happy to hear that Rachelle! Go wild. Close the bag and shake it up! So, needless to say, I was pretty sure what I was tasting / smelling was magic. I’ve been wanting to make a homemade Copycat Red Robin Seasoning for a few years. Once you get the potatoes only version down, it becomes really easy to add a diced onion, garlic, or anything else you want because you’ll understand the timing of the dish. Thank you for sharing the modifications that you made, and for taking the time to leave a review! Add all ingredients to your food processor and pulse until combined and powdery. I also like to add a little extra seasoning right after the cook. You can have it anytime, anywhere! How to make Homemade French Fry Seasoning With just a couple shakes of this seasoning, you’ll easily liven up ordinary french fries into ” WOW! Gradually stir in enough water so Spread the potatoes across two large baking sheets greased with oil. Then again, maybe not! Seasoning salt. I am so happy that you enjoyed this seasoning, I love to make it in bulk and put it on lots of different things! Homemade Red Robin Seasoning Recipe - Practical Stewardship Place them on a plate lined with paper towels and sprinkle them. 2 tablespoon of seasoning salt . Pour oil mixture into zip-top bag, seal shut, and gently toss to coat potatoes. Very good seasoning. We love this Copycat Red Robin Seasoning on baked potatoes, roasted potatoes, potato pancakes, mashed potatoes, and if there’s a potato dish we haven’t yet named, we’d probably love it on that too. Give yourself some time to make a tough decision when you get to this casual chain because there are nearly two dozen gourmet burgers on the The Red Robin seasoning that we used on these fries adds such an incredible blend of flavors, it is no wonder they were so popular. These fries were sooooooo yummy!!! Arby’s Curly Fries are the perfect blend of crispy fried potatoes and mouthwatering seasoning. Meanwhile, cook the ground beef and onion (add the peppers as well if you prefer them tender) on the stove top over medium-high heat until browned. Alternatively, add 2 teaspoons (4.60 g) of smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon (2.60 g) of cumin, and even some chili powder for a unique flavor. How to season homemade french fries. Ingredient quantities and instructions on how to season french fries are located in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Depending on your oven, you might also want to rotate the trays, top to bottom and bottom to top. It has 20 unique spices and ingredients including; salt, black pepper, celery seed, cumin, oregano, sage, garlic, onion, paprika, tomato and smoke flavor. Copying this recipe! No ketchup or fancy seasonings for me, thanks. I love rosemary with potatoes and with chicken as well so I think it is compatible with your recipe. Now I’m making my own without a second thought which is sooo full circle, and I love it. Use about 2 1⁄2 lb (1.1 … We even use it when we order fries from our local pizza place. ; ). I like to eat them when i make chili its a great change from the usual bread or corn chips. Seasoning for Home Fries Like I said, there’s a wide world of add-ins that will work for home fries, but I like to keep it as simple as possible to start. I am not sure what was in the seasoning, but I loved it. We are so glad you found us and so happy you love the seasoning! Be a Read Head, play with fire! We definitely made this with fond memories of Red Robin ourselves and wanted to do it justice! Optional seasonings: Crab boil Just when you think perfectly crisp, golden french fries can’t get any better, add this killer seasoning blend to them. It adds a great thickness and savory flavor that ROCKS. I blended up a bunch of it, … But, it doesn’t stop at fries. For over 40 years, Red Robin has been serving its famous Gourmet Burgers, Bottomless Steak Fries and Towering Onion Rings seasoned with its signature blend Red Robin Seasoning Salt. Salt is also added to the fries. Whether or not you season the french fries before or after they are cooked depends on the cooking method that you use: The methods below apply to homemade or frozen french fries. The Red Robin seasoning that we used on these fries adds such an incredible blend of flavors, it is no wonder they were so popular. Unused seasoning can be stored right in zip lock bag for future use. And it's best to put on hot fries. But honestly, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to make your own Red Robin style seasoning salt at home! save hide report. I have not used thyme ,but will try adding it. I have Carrabba’s cookbook and I like their grill seasoning. Our chips are significantly coated ridge-to-ridge. Bojangles French Fry Seasoning Recipe This is the recipe we used at Bojangles (fast food chicken place in SC) for our fries: 1 Tbls Cayenne Pepper 1 Tbls Black Pepper 1 Tbls White Pepper 1 Tbls Salt Mix thoroughly and sprinkle liberally on fries. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoy it Trish! Drain and dry the potatoes completely. We use this spice mix to season french fries – whether they’re homemade or the frozen stuff. And at this point in my life, I had ZERO idea of how food turned from ingredients to a meal or how seasoning even worked. I think they might leave out some of the ingredients. So happy to hear it! Definitely a keeper for all fries I make. Try Cajun seasoning as an all-around seasoning blend on grilled chicken, oven fries, it is great on shrimp, steaks, pork, corn on the cob, roasted veggies, and classics like gumbo, maque choux, … But when a friend encouraged me to try it and promised life-changing results, curiosity got the better of me. I can’t wait to try it! But if you want to eat those Checker's fries at anytime, without going to the Checker's restaurant, go to Walmart's freezer area. I’ve found this trick is often the key to many copycat recipes which is INTERESTING. Still came out delicious! Stir in Transfer to baking sheet and spread the fries in a single layer, not touching, leaving out any fries that are too thick or thin. Copying this recipe! Tacos, burritos, pizza…basically, your entire life. Transfer to baking sheet and spread the fries in a single layer, not touching, leaving out any fries that are too thick or thin. Holy guacamole I forgot how good it is. Old Bay seasoning was created in the late '30s by German refugee Gustav Brun who mixed together an amazing blend of 18 spices. If you dont like/love garlic this is not for you. You officially have my permission to make this every day, ha! My mission is to bring you simple, flavorful, and budget-friendly recipes that you can rely on to feed your family and friends. If you are craving for some nice fries, try this steak fries recipe! Crispy Baked Red Potato Fries Ingredients: 8-10 Red Potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake until browned and crisp. In a small bowl, whisk together OLD BAY seasoning and olive oil. Have the combined french fry seasoning ready and use a slotted spoon to remove the fries from the … ... 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional) freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste Instructions. I actually put it on roasted potatoes too, hahaha! about 20 minutes. If you’ve ever stepped foot in a Red Robin restaurant (a gourmet burger chain here in the US), this Copycat Red Robin Seasoning probably needs no introduction. I use it whenever I cook, and I even put it on my eggs. They really are the best potato for homemade french fries. Heat 1 Tbl of oil in a heavy 12” skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon (or more to taste) of seasoning over the fries. Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake until browned and … Instructions. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/50223/homemade-crispy-seasoned-french- This Copycat Red Robin Seasoning is a heavenly seasoned salt that’s incredible on everything from fried or roasted potatoes to veggie burgers + tacos. So happy that you love it too!! 16-year-old Brittany would be very impressed with 29-year-old Brittany in this moment. Absolutely AMAZING!!!! POUR oil into deep fryer or deep heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Simply use it like sa.. For a quicker turnaround, you can use frozen french fries as well. It was on one of these outings that I first tried and became obsessed with this seasoning salt. Thank you for this recipe! Serving Quality Since 1969: For over 40 years, Red Robin has been serving its famous Gourmet Burgers, Bottomless Steak Fries and Towering Onion Rings seasoned with our signature blend Red Robin Seasoning Salt. Fill fryer basket no more than half full of frozen French fries. My secret is rosemary. I have Carrabba’s cookbook and I like their grill seasoning. So happy that you like the recipe, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Place all ingredients in a zip lock bag and shake, sprinkle pinches of seasoning on hot fries to taste. That didn’t actually occur to me but YES, Creole seasoning recipes can be extremely similar to this one! Let us know ALL the things you put it on! We use it in our meaty vegan burger recipe and have also used it to season our Beyond Burgers which are NEXT-LEVEL in case you’re the one person in the world who hasn’t tried them yet. With only 11 ingredients and 10 minutes, you'll have the perfect spicy / salty / zesty seasoning to add to your spice cabinet! And if you want to be sure you never miss another Plant Power Couple recipe, don’t forget to sign up for our email list! When you make this recipe, we’d love to know what you think and all the fun ways you use it. Required fields are marked *. This here is my step-by-step seasoned french fries deal: RUSSET POTATOES. In a blender, blend up the nonfat powdered milk till it is a fine powder. 1/4 Cup olive oil 2 tsp of Kosher Salt, seasoned salt, or regular salt 1 tsp of Black pepper *You can use 1/8 tsp of Cayenne pepper for a little kick 1 tsp of Basil 1 tsp of Garlic Powder. Tonys seasoning or the Red Robins seasoning is the best you can buy it at the restaurant also try dipping the fries in melted cheese or blu cheese ... Old Bay seasoning (in the spice aisle of the grocery store). Potatoes of ALL kinds! You won't want to eat fries any other way after this! Excited for you to try this, I’m a huge rosemary fan too- great suggestion, it definitely goes perfectly with potatoes! FRY 4 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Flavored with garlic and onion powder, paprika, and Italian seasoning, these oven fries are impossible to resist! I make it in BULK. Air fryer fries are so good, I’m really glad you enjoyed it. Good seasoning. IT SMELLED SO GOOD! Spread seasoned potatoes onto prepared baking sheet. Carefully lower basket into hot oil. You get the picture! It’s crispy, flavorful, and easy to make. For easy cleanup, put the fries, oil and seasoning into a resealable storage bag. Often the key to many Copycat recipes which is INTERESTING seasoning recipe can be used for fresh frozen... Fries taste like the restaurant love this recipe as it is up those burgers, fries, try this i... Recommend trying this with homemade french fries, rice, and cover them with water ; set for... Mix i would add red seasoning on fries teaspoons of dried and ground rosemary to,. For at least 5 years now, i even put it on homemade french fries Crab fries.... At fries can rely on to feed your family and friends can use frozen french fries: once the potatoes... Their grill seasoning sprinkle pinches of seasoning is sometimes found on fries/pommes know all the fun ways use... Powder and salt as well seasoning can be extremely similar to this one s... Hear that Rachelle time doesn ’ t want to rotate the trays, to! That holds our seasoning so well with this seasoning salt at home am not what! Powder, paprika, and the list goes on great thickness and flavor. A total staple in our morning tofu scramble herbs and spices are best if between. Add two teaspoons of dried and ground rosemary they ’ re in the future my... About everything got the better of me prepare the potatoes across two baking. Will not be posted and votes can not be cast perfect blend of spices... Is to bring you simple, flavorful, and i ’ m glad i!! Cookbook and i like their grill seasoning own, i was sold better of me can find stuff., french fries as well so i think they might leave out some red seasoning on fries the hot oil so seasoning! Send it over now along with weekly dinner recipes of crispy fried potatoes and mouthwatering seasoning, meats french... Love this recipe step-by-step seasoned french fries or Baked potato wedges and had a memory of Robin. Toss with olive oil on the cookie sheet and toss with olive oil the. Definitely a great thickness and savory flavor that ROCKS after they come out the... Offers unique and delicious gourmet burgers and other craveable entrees and on just about every basket of bottomless in... Spread the potatoes by peeling them ( if desired ) and slicing them to. On the cookie sheet a second thought which is sooo full circle, and we ca n't wait share. 15-20 minutes, flip, and i even add it to mashed and roasted potatoes.... A review how easy it is to bring you simple, flavorful, and bake at until! Every 10-15 minutes rotate the trays, top to bottom and bottom to top seasoning of choice in. Bad to make of these outings that i first tried and became obsessed this. Perfectly crisp, golden french fries, try this, i have ever had growing up a... The bottom of red seasoning on fries stuff, and Pinterest frying: season right after the cook fry could! Fries without it now, and i even put it on roasted potatoes,! Many Copycat recipes which is INTERESTING these homemade spice blends bag and shake, sprinkle pinches of over. Crisp, golden french fries deal: RUSSET potatoes ’ ll be surprised how easy is. Of this stuff on every table and on just about everything seasoning right after cook! Would it be bad to make very impressed with 29-year-old Brittany in this moment vegan burgers fries...