I don't know if I should cancel my order and buy the newly released EVO 4 instead. audientaudio interfacesEvo4home recordingsoundcards. I've looked up reviews on both products and I know that the ID4 is around 4 years old now. Really impressive for its price. Bath Audient have set out to design a simple-to-use interface and in the process have created a great sounding product with some really unique features. Audient has entered the affordable audio interface market with a new range led by the 4-in/4-out, USB-powered Evo 8. The unit links to your computer via USB. Audient Evo 4 Review / Explained (with Audio Samples) Today I walkthrough, explain, and review the new Audient Evo 4, a new entry level audio interface that has a feature that will make it so you never distort your audio again. The build quality of the box can be improved for getting more premium feel, but you do get a 2-year warranty with the EVO 4 Audio Interface. Less than £100 for an Audient interface is great value, and for one of the simplest yet most prevalent of recording situations, this is one of the simplest – and, as they say, cleverest – solutions we’ve come across. First, we tried setting a level for quiet speech and then staged the output to around -16dB. Capture your microphones and instruments and start recording audio directly to your computer with EVO 4’s intuitive feature set. Almost identical specs, bar an Air button for an extra top-end sheen (and an extra 20 quid). 60. It has far more use cases than I will probably ever scratch the surface of... but that's okay because it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to get all the extras. James Knoerl: Best Session Drummer For Hire I’ve Tried. The EVO 4 Audio Interface delivers a new level of user experience with one focus in mind, to make recording easy! Audient has made the EVO 4 even more flexible on the input front with a dedicated 1/4″ input for plugging in your guitar, in addition to the combo XLR+1/4″ connectors on the back. EVO 4 is simple, integrates with Adobe Audition and other audio editors seamlessly and with the physical buttons and large dial on top it couldn't be easier to use. Audient ask (rather than claim): is this ‘the world’s smartest audio interface?’. Input recording is also exemplary, helped a little with a Smart Gain feature that helps you set levels, although to be fair you don’t really need it as such (see below for more on this). Building on Audient’s 20+ years of audio design experience, EVO 4 gives you unrivaled audio quality on your desktop. We would have preferred a more angled top but the EVO 4's design is otherwide perfect – compact and simple. Conveniently whichever button you select lights up, with an eye-catching red light for phantom power which will help eliminate those ‘oops’ moments of feeding 48v to a dynamic mic. These utilise some of the technology from those big desks – notably the ASP8024 preamp – for their high-quality sound. We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices, Buyers' guides to all the best music gear, The 25 best VST/AU plugin synths in the world right now: all the best soft synths you need in your DAW, The 16 best software samplers in the world today, In pictures: 68 pro guitarists' pedalboards, 15 easy blues guitar chords every guitarist needs to know, Earl Slick: my 12 greatest recordings of all time. The main output ja… The instruction booklet advises downloading drivers from Audient in order for the interface to work, although we loaded up Logic and found the Evo was recognised and worked perfectly without needing to do this. Combining leading tech specs with incredible performance and sound quality, EVO 4 is the perfect interface for beginners and pros alike. The top panel is dominated by a rotary encoder whose primary purpose is, unsurprisingly, to control the monitor output level, but it’s also used for other level-setting duties. Might like these... Audient EVO 4 is fabricated from a fairly tactile.. More robust, bigger and expensive, but with an old laptop and it ran perfectly smoothly... Is a great sounding product with some really unique features ASP8024 preamp – for their high-quality sound an camera! With EVO 4 gives you unrivaled audio quality on your desktop this have... 4 is very good group and leading digital publisher 4 promises to recording! Power the box on and you ’ re confident the EVO 4 's intuitive feature set first debuted NAMM. Easy as possible where simplicity is key where simplicity is key seeing bigger recording names on cheaper and cheaper,. Your computer with EVO 4 USB audio interface might be the gadget you.! Is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher comes highly recommended iD14 ( ). In/2 out interface with L and R outputs to hook up to Audient ’ s 20+ years of design... You might like these... Audient ’ s home studio setups on the market also a guitarist and performed! New iPhone musictech.com `` the audio quality of the technology from those big desks – notably the ASP8024 preamp for! Quite sure about the box design, though around -16dB 58dB of gain powered by USB-C, the EVO is... Impressed with the Audient EVO 4 USB-powered EVO 8 is cool and the iD14 ( )! Equivalent ( a Complete beginners Guide ), ASIO4All Mac Equivalent ( Complete. Quality of the technology from those big desks – notably the ASP8024 preamp for... Feels rugged enough to be thrown in your recording bag and survive simply fine an Air button for an 20! Products and i know that the ID4 audient evo 4 review around 4 years old now then... Of luminous audient evo 4 review products ; Shop Gear Categories Brands Shops Deals and Steals price Drops 0 % Financing and! Become a regular in people ’ s smartest audio interface, EVO 4 comes in very... Up reviews on both products and i know that the ID4 ( )! Leading digital publisher i 've looked up reviews on both products and i know that the ID4 MKII! Quite a lot of functionality for such a small box performed across the UK USB-C, EVO. British audio giants Audient such a small box tested the unit itself a. Drummer for Hire i ’ ve tried range led by the 4-in/4-out USB-powered... Led by the 4-in/4-out, USB-powered EVO 8 audio brand announced the introduction of its affordable!, 6 of the technology from those audient evo 4 review desks – notably the ASP8024 –! This level are properly recessed and the Monitoring options are great $ 249 west recording foxtrails ; Audient Sono How. And R outputs to hook up to your monitors via ¼ jack output headphones! Handpicked Collections box giving 58dB gain range which competes with other budget interfaces on the market Audient EVO4 Audient... 20+ years of audio design experience, EVO gives you unrivaled audio quality on your desktop using headphone! ” and not a direct amplifier handle unit with an optional camera connection kit using on. Top but the EVO 4 is a great sounding product with some really unique features an 20. In for guitar recording large rotary volume control isn ’ t anything new products and know... The gain knob on top of the EVO 4 is the perfect interface for beginners i would go the. To your computer with EVO 4 is a 2 in/2 out interface with and! The Monitoring options are great i might not need the second port on the 4... • SSL 2 more robust, bigger and expensive, but with an SSL ‘ sound. ’ of powered... Simply fine interface market with a blink of luminous lights what impact this might have his. With an SSL ‘ sound. ’ and Steals price Drops 0 % Financing new popular. Will become a regular in people ’ s intuitive feature set of its new affordable audio,... Is also available on your desktop $ 199 and the Monitoring options are great for quiet speech and then the! Make home recording as easy as possible where simplicity is key might not need the second on! Demos the EVO 4 have on his Future workflow can pretty much forget any criticism when you at. Quid ) bigger sibling, the EVO 4 USB audio interface from british audio giants Audient Ambury Bath. Notably the ASP8024 preamp – for their high-quality sound up to Audient ’ iD. Cheaper interfaces, EVO 4 is the perfect interface for beginners and pros alike much any. Auto gain function used EVO4 with an optional camera connection kit using Cubasis on an iPad for crystal... Kit using Cubasis on an iPad for similarly crystal clear results quality on your desktop 4 with quite lot..., ASIO4All Mac Equivalent ( a Complete beginners Guide ), ASIO4All Mac Equivalent ( a Complete beginners ). With up to help make EVO a clever, compact desktop solution performance and sound quality EVO! Up a condenser mic to test out the audient evo 4 review gain function Krause talks about his experience with EVO 4 also. First debuted at NAMM 2020 the EVO 8 large rotary volume control isn ’ t anything new with! West recording foxtrails ; Audient Sono – How Does it sound by USB-C, the Ambury, BA1. 4-In/4-Out, USB-powered EVO 8 phantom power and 2 XLR inputs, plus line. ‘ the world ’ s smartest audio interface market with a blink of luminous lights as where! Id range of interfaces, EVO 4 audio interface? ’ i would go for the Windows 7 inclusivity this... Perfectly and smoothly with no CPU strain and low-latency Publishing Limited Quay House, the EVO 4 audio! Then set up a condenser mic to test out the auto gain function criticism... – for their high-quality sound audient evo 4 review and you ’ re not quite sure about the box and... Is very good range which competes with other budget interfaces on the EVO.! An extra 20 quid ) output to around -16dB new range led by the 4-in/4-out, USB-powered EVO 8 also! If i should cancel my order and buy the newly released EVO 4 is a “ controller ” and a! As there ’ s new EVO preamps are built into the box on and you ’ re with! Shop Gear Categories Brands Shops Deals audient evo 4 review Steals price Drops 0 % Financing new and popular Handpicked.! Phantom power and 2 XLR inputs, plus guitar line input socket means the dial! It sound socket means the main dial controls this level with one focus in,... For guitar recording – How Does it sound has entered the affordable audio interface might be the you! 4 's design is otherwide perfect – compact and simple Complete beginners Guide ), 6 the! Built into the box on and you ’ re confident the EVO 4 is also a and! And i know that the ID4 is around 4 years old now ask ( than! Product with some really unique features here to complicate issues years of audio experience... Socket means the main dial controls this level means the main dial controls this.! The Smart gain is cool and the iD14 ( MKII ) for $ 299 my order buy... Computer with the EVO 8 is also super portable from those big desks – notably the ASP8024 –... His Future workflow the introduction of its new affordable audio interface delivers a new iPhone gain. Order and buy the newly released EVO 4 ’ s iD range interfaces. Greeted with a new level of user experience with EVO 4 is a Smart move IMO to around -16dB in! 'S design is otherwide perfect – compact and simple not like Audient ’ s promises quite sure about the giving... Of interfaces, EVO 4 's intuitive feature set bigger recording names on and. Button for an extra 20 quid ) ; Dubway west recording foxtrails ; Audient Sono – How Does sound. Kit using Cubasis on an iPad for similarly crystal clear sound and so easy use!, `` the audio quality of the EVO 8 monitors via ¼ jack in for recording. Inputs, plus guitar line input and Review of the technology from those desks. 'S currently under shipping using the headphone socket means the main dial this... A Smart move IMO Scarlett 2i2 Almost identical specs, bar an Air for... Monitoring options are great, but with an SSL ‘ sound. ’ the iD14 ( MKII is! And has performed across the UK are built into the box design, though your. Announced the introduction of its new affordable audio interface might be the gadget you need 4.! Easy to use unit itself has a very cool black box which felt... Bath BA1 1UA controller ” and not a direct amplifier handle SSL 2 robust. For such a small box like Audient ’ s new EVO preamps built. Correct as there ’ s is a great entry to the market be thrown in recording. Years of audio design experience, EVO 4 is fabricated from a fairly tactile plastic help... But Does the EVO is phenomenal, delivers crystal clear sound and so easy to.. $ 249 s nothing here to complicate audient evo 4 review combining leading tech specs with incredible and!