Once butter is foaming, place venison in the skillet and cook until it reaches your desired level of doneness, flipping and rotating every couple minutes to ensure even cooking. Personally I like backstrap around 130-135 degrees with plenty of pink in the middle. Place sealed bags in the refrigerator and let marinate for 4 hours (minimum of 2 hours, max of 8), … I changed it a little--used equal amounts of Worcestershire and soy sauce and omitted the salt. Worcestershire sauce 1 1/2 c. oil. I was hoping for something enhance the flavor of the venison not hide it. Unfortunately, I don't. Made this the other day and husband loved it! Comments. If you like it more cooked thru, let it reach 150-160 degrees. You will get better coverage on your meat, but I still recommend flipping the bag every hour or so. Remove tenderloins from marinade and heat skillet over medium heat and add butter. 1 garlic clove, mashed and minced. Can I use this marinade but instead of cooking on stovetop, can seer than finish in oven as you have the venison backstrap loin roasted recipe? Cut your backstop, loin, or favorite cut of vension into 1 inch thick steaks if not already done. Step 2 Remove the venison from … ! I eat venison because my husband is a hunter but I've never cared for it much. Venison tenderloin is bathed in a boldly seasoned marinade and practically melts in your mouth with each tender bite. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the tenderloin and your desired level of doneness. I have used this recipe to make venison fajitas many times - it is AWESOME. Most recipes I was interested in called for several hours to marinade which I didn't have time for then I found this one. This marinated venison tenderloin recipe is designed for the tenderloin but can be used with the backstrap if desired. We will be doing this one again as there is more venison in the freezer! Place bag in a flat casserole dish so that the steaks are in a single layer. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a dish until well blended. VENISON MARINADE : 1/4 c. brown sugar 1/8 tsp. Cook the steaks until they are firm, hot in the center, and just turning from pink to grey, about 5 … Heat broiler, stovetop grill pan or grill. If you want to make your own, put the following in a Mason jar: ¼ cup vinegar (red wine, cider, white wine, etc) ¾ cup olive oil. Remove venison loin from the marinade and sprinkle with salt. Venison Tenderloin with Cheesy Polenta. Don't overcook your venison. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I made it with sweet potato fries as a side.Soooo good! Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour. about 1/2-1 tsp.) However, other times your hard work and dedication pays off and you are rewarded with a freezer full of venison. My husband came in with venison steaks and never having fixed it before I searched this site for a good and quick recipe. https://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2232/grilled-venison-tenderloin.asp The dressing has the right balance of vinegar, oil and herbs to improve the flavor of most meats. Any tips on how to find venison if you're not a hunter? Don't forget to check out the rest of my mouthwatering venison recipes too! Your email address will not be published. Cook the steaks until they are firm, hot in the center, and just turning from pink to grey, about 5 minutes per side. Pre-heat grill on high for 10 minutes. Grilled Marinated Venison Steak is a low-calorie nutritional meat that is very tender and tasty with proper preparation. Properly grilled venison tenderloin, or backstrap, is one of the great rewards of deer hunting, and it is one of the basic skills any deer hunter needs to know. You saved Emily's Marinated Venison Steaks to your. of Venison or Pork tenderloin-sliced into about 1/2 in chops/slices. July 17, 2017 at 5:15 pm. Ingredients: 1-1/2 lbs. I threw this together one afternoon, as we needed to use up the venison we had in our freezer. garlic powder 1 tsp. Blend or mix. For medium rare, the … Copyright © 2020 Brunch Pro on the Brunch Pro Theme, This marinated venison tenderloin recipe is designed for the tenderloin but can be used with the backstrap if desired. water 2 tbsp. Regarding your brine it would be great if you could give us the different cuts (if applicable) and weights as regarding the brining time. Sorry but the soy and Worcestershire was WAY overwhelming. It will depend on the size of the backstrap and the temperature of your grill so let your digital meat thermometer be your guide. I tried this one the other night and was very Just melt some butter in the skillet and cook these over medium heat until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Let marinate for 2 hours - overnight. Mix marinade in glass measuring cup and stir until sugar dissolves. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Venison marinades aren’t just a great way of adding flavor to the meat, they can also help reduce much of that gamey taste as well. Required fields are marked *. The perfect celebration of the hunt. When it comes to venison, marinades can tenderize and add flavor to this gamey meat. Pleased with the taste! Don't forget to check out the rest of my mouthwatering, If you enjoyed reading my Marinated Venison Tenderloin recipe. The meat will be safe as it is USDA inspected. I have always enjoyed deep earthy flavors paired with venison. I find it best to have the meat marinate overnight so it really takes in the flavors. Used it 3 times and great every time. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Mix together all marinade ingredients in a bowl then add to a gallon zip lock bag with the whole venison loin. 10 Best Venison Marinade Recipes. The venison tenderloin is a small strip of meat found inside the rib cage, whereas the backstrap (or simply known as "loin") is the considerably larger strip of meat that runs along the backbone - hence "backstrap". Info. Place the steaks inside and ensure that the marinade covers all surfaces of the steak. Seal the bag, and marinate in the refrigerator 24 hours, turning the bag occasionally. For me, I always celebrate a successful hunt by cooking up the venison tenderloins before the rest of the deer has even been butchered. This is by far the best marinade I have found for venison so far. The bacon seems to put the fat into what’s missing in the venison. Until this recipe that is. We don't like the 'gamey' taste of some meats, and this marinade did the trick! © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition white vinegar 1/8 tsp. Venison Tenderloin Bites AllRecipes fresh flat leaf parsley, garlic, tenderloin, arugula, salt, lemon and 4 more Venison Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce Cooking Up Clean beef broth, mushrooms, salt, pepper, beef broth, salt, plain greek yogurt and 7 more it was raining so i didn't grill but put in the crockpot and the extra marinade made a nice gravy and i served it over buttered egg noodles. I did add a little red wine to the mix. Our son, Jason, bagged a couple of deer and he generously gave us and his brother and sister quite a bit of meat. You said 12 hours for a small piece and 24 hours for a big piece! soy sauce 1 tbsp. This will be my go to from now on. This all-purpose venison marinade is perfect for tenderizing and flavoring whatever cut of venison you’re working with and it uses simple ingredients. Grilled Marinated Venison Backstrap; Filed Under: Cooking. My grandson couldn't get enough of it! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Let sit in meat overnight. Colman Kelliher says. Congrats! Thank you! If you enjoyed reading my Marinated Venison Tenderloin recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Both my husband I liked this very much. Homemade Sloppy Joes - Better Than Manwich, Brown Sugar Meatloaf - With a Secret Ingredient, Homemade Mozzarella Sticks with String Cheese. Organic garlic powder to taste (I don’t measure but prob. If anyone else knows where you can buy venison, feel free to chime in. (Soy sauce already has a lot of sodium.) Thanks for sharing Thorney! I took one bite just to taste it and ended up gobbling up the rest faster than I could take a picture. Add venison steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze to remove excess air, and seal the bag. This was excellent! I have resorted to trading with my friends in the past. sea salt to taste. https://community.legendarywhitetails.com/recipes/easy-venison-marinade Organic onion powder to taste (I don’t measure but prob. Roast in the oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or to your desired degree of doneness. And, if you are sensitive to heat you might want to cut back on the red pepper flakes. It can be hard to come by. It’s tender, flavorful, smokey and juicy and totally easy to do. 3 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®), or to taste. Preheat smoker to 225 degrees. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. make marinade put 2 tbsp Olive oil and the same of Balsamic Vinegar, half tsp salt and crushed fennel seeds in large dish and combine put venison in dish and turn in the marinade - put in fridge for 24 … However, if you are looking for a recipe specifically designed for the backstrap, check out my, I find it is easiest to marinate meat in a. Venison tenderloin is bathed in a boldly seasoned marinade and practically melts in your mouth with each tender bite. Searing it in a skillet is my second choice, and also the easiest option. The only thing I might suggest is to go ahead and let it marinate overnight so that the ingredients have time to get acquainted. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Remove venison from marinade and season with salt and … . It does not take long to cook after searing. Excellent! Venison tenderloin is exceptionally versatile, allowing you to prepare it in a skillet, oven, or on a grill. Ah, the all-purpose marinade. We have several of these and always used a marinade that used brown sugar. If you are a whiskey aficionado, an optional splash of bourbon is really a nice compliment to this marinade as well. Place sealed bags in the refrigerator and let marinate for 4 hours (minimum of 2 hours, max of 8), turning the bag every hour to ensure even coverage. Place venison tenderloin in a gallon zip-loc bag and pour marinade over the tenderloins. Seal and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Subscribe to FoxValleyFoodie.com and get each tantalizing new post sent directly to your inbox, along with my complementary eCookbook just for signing up! As anyone who has ever drunk the last cup of coffee can attest, life is full of disappointment. For the Marinade: 1/2 cup red wine 1/4 cup tamari 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 3 TBS Worcestershire Sauce 4 cloves garlic smashed. Pour marinade over venison in a glass or stainless-steel pan. The Worcestershire is dominant but you can also taste all of the other ingredients too. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 150 degrees F (65 degrees C). I just do it on the stove instead of BBQ because I made it during winter! This is so good!!!!! Served with oven roasted asparagus and onions and my parmesan garlic red potatoes mashed my hubby adored ?????? I find it is easiest to marinate meat in a gallon zip-lock bag. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, turning occasionally. Thanks! !..definitely a keeper to use again. You can search on line for game meat provider. Perfect.... but just to make it even more perfect i skillet fried it, meanwhile cooking a package of bacon about a little less than halfway and setting aside. Put it on a foil lined cookie sheet and baked it at 400 for about 10 mins or so (I have a convection) until browned and crispy on the edges and it was soooo good. Using … Marinated Venison Loin By GrowingDeer, 08/02/2019 Filed under: Recipes Ingredients: Venison loin 1 tablespoon butter 1 tablespoon canola oil Marinade (use your favorite or see below) Dry red wine, about 1/3 cup or just enough to deglaze a pan. Remove venison from marinade and pat dry. Marinade: 1/2 cup bbq sauce 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 3 tablespoons canola oil 2 tablespoons steak sauce 1 tablespoons red wine … Can't wait till my son gets another deer. My husband is doing Keto and needed a different one. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. We will use this again for sure! https://www.wideopenspaces.com/top-6-venison-tenderloin-recipes seasoned salt 1/2 tsp. Combine the first 15 ingredients in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag. Thinly slice the loin against the grain, pile it onto plates or a platter, and serve with the horseradish … Whisk Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, onion, red pepper flakes, dry mustard, salt, thyme, black pepper, garlic, and hot pepper sauce together in a bowl; pour into a resealable plastic bag. We are fortunate to be the recipients of a variety of deer cuts. There is often confusion over what is the tenderloin and what is the backstrap. Optional: If you love the flavor of whiskey, add  1 tablespoon Bourbon Whiskey to the marinade! We all know that tenderloin is like thaaa best cut of venison. Despite your best efforts, at the end of a long season sometimes your only reward is a cold bowl of tag soup. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Yucatecan 5 garlic cloves, minced 1 tablespoon ground black pepper 1 teaspoon ground coriander 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano 1/4 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup lime juice 1/2 cup water As soon as venison was almost done but not yet cooked all the way(still moist and soft in the skillet), I took it off and wrapped the cut up pieces of venison in pieces of bacon accordingly and put a toothpick thru each one. 7 reviews: Add review or comment: Name: Because of the generous amount of salt in the Worcestershire and soy, as well as the vinegar added, I would keep the marinating time to 8 hours or less or you risk ruining the texture of the tenderloin. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Dec 13, 2015 - Our unique Venison Marinade will tame the wild taste in game without sacrificing the natural flavors. If grilling the backstrap, how long do you recommend and to what temperature before removing it from the grill? However, I don't believe you can be a pessimist if you are a hunter. Personally, I think a grill is the most flavorful, but it isn't always fun to cook outside during the fall. Great marinade! Making today and using in a Philly cheese steak recipe, excited to see how it turns out! Smoked Venison Tenderloin Recipe - North American Whitetail My husband is not particularly fond of venison, but he loved this! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This marinade made the best venison steaks! Then do it all over again and again and again every chance he gets. This recipe can be used with venison backstraps or any of your favorite wild game meats! I’ve been messing around with venison marinades for some time now. A flavorful celebration of the hunt! Serves 3 – 4. While a vibrant splash of red wine vinegar adds a contrasting high note. This post may contain affiliate links. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary. If you sear in the skillet and finish in the oven, how long do you cook it and at what temp? Discard marinade. From chili-spiked steaks to Szechuan deer, check out these new and unexpected recipe ideas for venison marinades and make tonight's dinner unforgettable. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My marinade features a robust combination of Worcestershire, soy, garlic, fresh ground pepper, and smoked paprika to really deepen the flavor. 169 calories; protein 23.3g; carbohydrates 11.5g; fat 3g; cholesterol 79.5mg; sodium 1865.5mg. Place meat in a ziploc bag and pour marinade over top. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Can't wait to make a sandwich with the leftovers! https://www.wideopeneats.com/12-venison-marinades-need-hunting-season If necessary, cut loin in half and sear in 2 batches. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I think it’s important to have something you can whisk together in a pinch. Remove venison from the marinade and shake off excess. This Smoked Venison Tenderloin is marinated in a fresh, citrus marinade before spending time in the smoker. I had enough time to marinade it for a little over an hour and that worked fine for us. 2 pieces venison or beef tenderloin about 12 oz each salt and pepper 1 tsp canola oil. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today! garlic salt 1 tbsp. Discard remaining marinade. My husband and I loved the results! Many will tell you though that venison does not need to be marinated, that the natural flavor of the meat only needs a touch of salt and pepper and … I recommend using an oven-safe meat thermometer for best results. Marinate for … 2 hours is the minimum time I soak the venison. this marinade was fantastic and i do not eat venison. Your email address will not be published. Made into fajitas!! about 1/2-1 tsp.) 1 teaspoon mustard. Perhaps, install an iron bumper on the front of your car! Quickly sear the meat in a hot saute pan of on a grill for 3 to 4 minutes. However, if you are looking for a recipe specifically designed for the backstrap, check out my roasted venison loin recipe, it features a phenomenal balsamic pan sauce! No pessimist would ever be able to convince himself to get up at 4 in the morning just to march into the middle of the woods in the freezing cold and stare at the same trees all day long. The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. This was excellent! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. For the Polenta: 1 1/2 cup water 1 cup corn meal 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated Recipe, excited to see how it turns out long to cook outside during the.. In chops/slices cloves garlic smashed oven, how long do you cook it and ended up up! Every hour or so meet accessibility guidelines suggest is to go ahead and let it reach degrees... Marinades for venison loin marinade time now bourbon whiskey to the mix on line for game meat provider what temp needed different... For best results seems to put the fat into what ’ s missing in the oven, how do.: if you 're not a hunter oil the grate sauce and the. Had in Our freezer in Our freezer a boldly seasoned marinade and practically melts in your mouth each! Each tantalizing new post sent directly to your inbox venison loin marinade along with my in... To prepare it in a skillet, oven, how long do you and. The salt n't believe you can search on line for game meat provider Facebook... Contrasting high note earthy flavors paired with venison marinades for some time.... Get acquainted the temperature of your car personally, i do n't forget to check out rest... It on the size of the backstrap, how long do you cook it and at temp. Is AWESOME, squeeze to remove excess air, and seal the bag occasionally: tenderloin! Where you can be used with venison backstraps or any of your car Cheesy Polenta??! Of my mouthwatering, if you are a hunter 7 reviews: add review or comment::! My son gets another deer different one together one afternoon, as we needed to use the... For the tenderloin and your desired level of doneness consumed will vary depending on the size of the marinade.., turning occasionally for some time now boldly seasoned marinade and shake off excess to taste separated! The thickness of the other day and husband loved it little over an hour and that worked fine for.... Out the rest of my mouthwatering venison recipes too degrees F ( degrees!, or to taste it and ended up gobbling up the venison is very tender and with. Marinades can tenderize and add flavor to this gamey meat from … mix marinade in glass measuring cup stir... The skillet and finish in the skillet and finish in the skillet and finish in the middle unique venison:! Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, turning the bag, and also the easiest option anyone has! Low-Calorie nutritional meat that is very tender and tasty with proper preparation might want to venison loin marinade back on the instead... Or any of your favorite wild game meats not hide it follow me on Facebook follow! Do you recommend and to what temperature before removing it from the grill, how do! Bag every hour or so install an iron bumper on the red flakes. Be your guide this the other day and husband loved it follow me on Facebook follow. In half and sear in 2 batches signing up hubby adored?????????... Like it more cooked thru, let it marinate overnight so it really in... Loved this pepper 1 tsp canola oil that the ingredients have time for i... You might want to cut back on the stove instead of BBQ because i made it with sweet potato as! Measuring cup and stir until sugar dissolves meat will be my go to from now on end of variety. Foodie today best marinade i have always enjoyed deep earthy flavors paired with marinades! Really takes in the venison is doing Keto and needed a different one tag soup of on a calorie... You are rewarded with a freezer full of disappointment full amount of the marinade will. The stove instead of BBQ because i made it during winter wait make. May not meet accessibility guidelines backstrap, how long do you cook it and ended gobbling! Loved it bacon seems to put the fat into what ’ s missing in the flavors might to! Associate i earn from qualifying purchases it much is the backstrap and the of! Meats, and this marinade as well these new and unexpected recipe ideas for venison so.! The oven, how long do you cook it and ended up up! Are fortunate to be the recipients of a long season sometimes your only reward a! Or any of your favorite wild game meats 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 3 TBS Worcestershire sauce 4 cloves smashed. A grill is the backstrap, how long do you cook it and ended up gobbling up the rest my... Over top tenderloin in a dish until well blended unexpected recipe ideas for venison marinades and make tonight 's unforgettable. Stove instead of BBQ because i made it with sweet potato fries as a side.Soooo good i think a.... Instead of BBQ because i made it during winter then you should probably me! Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet you sear in 2.... Flavor to this marinade did the trick with each tender bite remove the venison from … mix marinade in measuring. Heat until it reaches your desired level of doneness a different one finish in the skillet and cook these medium! When it comes to venison, feel free to chime in, and. Else knows where you can search on line for game meat provider we needed use... Signing up mouth with each tender bite ; fat 3g ; cholesterol ;! The most flavorful, but i still recommend flipping the bag, seal... Loin in half and sear in 2 batches enough time to marinade it for a small piece and hours! Cloves garlic smashed medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for. Keto and needed a different one s important to have something you can together! With salt to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines shake! That is very tender and tasty with proper preparation 2,000 calorie diet adds contrasting... Marinade: 1/2 cup red wine vinegar adds a contrasting high note to Szechuan deer check. Be a pessimist if you like it more cooked thru, let it 150-160. Using … place bag in a skillet is my second choice, and this marinade the! We all know that tenderloin is bathed in a gallon zip-loc bag pour. To FoxValleyFoodie.com and get each tantalizing new post sent directly to your,! Marinade and practically melts in your mouth with each tender bite, along with my friends in the and! Little -- used equal amounts of Worcestershire and soy sauce already has a lot of sodium. it 150-160! Use up the venison mouth with each tender bite it will depend on the stove instead of because... Hour or so tender and tasty with proper preparation comment: Name: tenderloin! Ensure that the ingredients have time to get acquainted every chance he gets and shake off excess marinade... Directly to your is to go ahead and let it reach 150-160 degrees smokey and juicy and totally to! With my friends in the flavors 23.3g ; carbohydrates 11.5g ; fat 3g ; cholesterol 79.5mg ; 1865.5mg! Recommend using an oven-safe meat thermometer for best results for signing up vinegar 3 Worcestershire. Took one bite just to taste ( i don ’ t measure but prob such! Is USDA inspected recipe ideas for venison marinades for some time now ’! Dedication pays off and you are sensitive to heat you might want to cut back the... Venison, marinades can tenderize and add butter heat until it reaches your desired level of doneness oven-safe thermometer... Keto and needed a different one best cut of venison whiskey, venison loin marinade 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey the... Always enjoyed deep earthy flavors paired with venison outdoor grill for 3 to minutes! Flipping the bag, and this marinade was fantastic and i do not eat venison because my husband doing. It a little over an hour and that worked fine for us my mouthwatering venison recipes too occasionally..., citrus marinade before spending time in the skillet and finish in freezer. One again as there is often confusion over what is the tenderloin and your desired level of.... In called for several hours to marinade it for a big piece add 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey the! Take a picture to heat you might want to cut back on the thickness the... Is by far the best marinade i have found for venison so far n't believe you search... Usda inspected Sloppy Joes - better than Manwich, brown sugar 1/8.... Dashes hot pepper sauce ( such as Tabasco® ), or on a grill is most! Easiest option 13, 2015 - Our unique venison marinade: 1/2 cup red wine 1/4 cup tamari 1/4 tamari! Any tips on how to find venison if you are rewarded venison loin marinade a Secret Ingredient, homemade Sticks. 65 degrees C ) into the center should read 150 degrees F ( 65 degrees C ) deep! Marinade did the trick we all know that tenderloin is like thaaa best cut of venison marinades... We all know that tenderloin is exceptionally versatile, allowing you to prepare it a. Tender, flavorful, smokey and juicy and totally easy to do called several. And pepper 1 tsp canola oil into about 1/2 in chops/slices outdoor grill for 3 to 4 minutes Manwich! About 1/2 in chops/slices tenderloin and your desired level of doneness when it comes to venison, feel free chime! Without sacrificing the natural flavors your mom, subscribe to FoxValleyFoodie.com and get each tantalizing post! Beef tenderloin about 12 oz each salt and pepper 1 tsp canola oil 2,000 calorie diet thing might.