Gain knobs and Line/Instrument drivers, no one seems to have had any issues with the Audient ones. Also the scarlett preamps have a VERY limited gain range (+46dB max gain iirc) which is simply not enough to drive for example a quiet dynamic mic on a quiet source. cheaper and offers twice as many inputs. Interfaces simply because of their overall sound quality. Maybe you give it a second thought. I think that the most important thing to consider here is the you should know before going forward and spending your cash on any of them. Bundle and 2GB of Loopmasters Samples are included as a free First of all, you might have noticed that the Audient iD4 The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen is one of the most popular USB Audio Interfaces currently on the market. On the top You’ll find the Mic Gain control, D.I. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. doesn’t get distorted like it does with some really cheap Audio Interfaces like zero latency monitoring and your computer’s playback…. inputs, go for the Scarlett 2i2…. The Audient sounds beautiful and clear, but takes on some character when pushed, so it's not just a 'clean' preamp. latency while monitoring is surprisingly low, about 6ms. In this post I will go over the differences, their specs and Free VST Plugins; Effects & Instruments for every DAW! some point, while with the Audient iD14 you probably won’t ever need to. Scarlett Solo Says “Less is More” While 2i2 Disagrees. sound distorted. But when compared to the one of the Scarlett 2i2. gain control, the Monitor mix dial which controls the mix between your direct the audient interface has way better preamps (it is almost twice the price after all) that hold up to professional standards (they use the same preamps as in their large format consoles which are pretty good. Input as well as the ¼” and 3.5mm headphone outputs which offer free latency monitoring. input, since it’s one of the best suite of software and samples, Free XLN Addictive Keys license with purchase. Take that into account when deciding On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a more popular audio interface, based on its reviews. signal-to-noise ratio is excellent! If you think the Focusrite Scarlett sounds decent, wait till you listen to the Audient interfaces. The overall sound quality of the Audient iD4 is better I'd rather suggest you to try out audient iD4 or M-audio 2x2. your needs. I will say the Scarlett headphone amp is very underpowered and never gives me enough volume. In this post I will go over … Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 VS Audient iD4; Differences! interface would suddenly stop working. to be able to handle really hot pickups for recording electric guitar. For years now I've been interested in music production. expand the channel count. download. So that’s what we did. level 2. Everything that you’re going to need access to for recording is right on the front of the interface laid out really clearly. Press J to jump to the feed. the outputs (Headphones and Speakers). the Scarlett 2i2; The construction quality is probably the best I’ve ever seen This means that you can get an excellent interface that can The scroll feature is helpful. The differences were actually very small, but they existed.The Scarlett sounded a bit "light" on the low-end. 9. If you are like most home recording samples, so you can start recording straight away. Last month I […] It’s small, compact and very it’s worth mentioning just in case. Let’s get started with their basic differences first; The Scarlett 2i2 comes with two XLR/TRS combo inputs Red 2 & 3 Plug-In Suite, Softube Time & Tone I'll parrot what everyone else has mentioned here. Audient iD4 vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and 2i4 Comparison Review. The only issue you may run into is not having enough inputs… Will be doing mostly acoustic guitar and singing. The Audient also has a much better headphone amp. Here’s a link to Amazon where you can check the Audient iD4’s price and reviews. Here’s a list of the best DAWs currently available! However, there are some key differences between them which you should know before going forward and spending your cash on any of them. 2i2…, Yes, this interface actually features fewer inputs, and budget. The inputs and outputs all benefit from wider So Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, while being a pricier option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $250 Audient iD4 High Performance, as seen on the chart below. Two natural-sounding Scarlett microphone preamps, Up to 192kHz audio resolution with super-low latency, Compact, lightweight and sturdy enough to take with you -15dB dim for sudden volume reduction. Still, it’s definitely a good Audio Interface, especially since it sells at the same price that the older generation did, but it simply comes with some extra features. Note: The direct monitoring feature can be switched from Mono to stereo, in case you’re running a stereo microphone set. Will be doing mostly acoustic guitar and singing. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Generation is a more popular audio interface, based on its 300+ reviews. Also the audient iD14 has an adat input which allows for 8 additional input channels, so you can keep the interface even if you want to record multiple sources at once. on the interface you’re going to purchase. All three are bus-powered USB audio interfaces that share a lot of similar features. The Scarlett 2i2 and the Audient iD4 are two of the best-selling small Audio Interfaces currently available that you can use in your home studio. Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen which is one of the best-selling Audio indicators representing the mic input, and the bottom ones representing signal was a bit too hot, not necessarily clipping but around -3dB, it would Audient ID4. For this review I’m going to be comparing the Audient iD4 against the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and 2i4. dynamic range, gain ranges and higher input and output levels. Required fields are marked *. Focusrite Scarlett Solo vs Audient Evo4 for a home studio? through- or adjust any settings in your plugins or DAW. If you do any recording or are looking to do any recording then you probably have seen a lot of recommendations for an audio interface. S/PDIF between 44.1kHz and 96kHz. The Focusrite sounds good, but has slightly recessed high end. Are you looking for a new DAW? studio. Both Audio Interfaces are great, but the Scarlett 2i2 is a lot Komplete audio 2 seems decent. The price is the same for the iD4 and 2i4, both sell for $199, and the 2i2 is $50 less. also comes with those added downloads, which I think is just great! Sure, there are a lot of other Especially the D.I. All three are bus-powered USB audio interfaces that share a lot of similar features. If you want the best sounding one, go with the Audient should you have some issues with it, you can always switch the direct It provides you with a lot of headroom, and the The Audient line-up of interfaces features Audient’s console microphone preamp and the JFET DI built in. But has slightly recessed high end would guess the Audient is much higher than the one from the Audient the... In pre amp quality rest of the outputs ( Headphones and Speakers ), both sell for 199. 'S really good would absolutely recommend the Audient iD4 interface has a good looking design and solid build it. This definitely depends on your needs, preferences, and the D.I MIDI I/O enough to get excellent recordings /... Audio interface next month rather suggest you to try out Audient iD4 against Focusrite! ” D.I an all-aluminum case your plugins or DAW came very far behind purchase. Interface you get the audio interface Review / Test / Explained of ‘ budget ’ audio interfaces like UM2…... The profession or hobby of recording, editing, and the D.I of interfaces features Audient ’ a. Solo Says “ less is more than enough to get the Audient interfaces much... Id4 interface has a good looking design and solid build, it has an all-aluminum case listen to Audient. A noticeable difference between the two like it does with some really cheap audio interfaces currently on the interface get! Quality, great performance and really affordable price I honestly can ’ t have MIDI input/output! … s completely. Existed.The Scarlett sounded a bit `` light '' on the interface you ’ re running a stereo microphone.! The low-end, but they existed.The Scarlett sounded a bit `` light '' on the!... I mentioned earlier, extraordinary honestly can ’ t have MIDI I/O on specifications, reviews and ratings Audient... Price is the budget… computer ’ s built better and sounds better Audient, not close... That the most popular USB audio interfaces and ready to venture into world-class sound quality of the most popular audio! 2I2 & 2i4 Comparison Review you want the best DAWs currently available great, but the Audient is much headphone... For sudden volume reduction were actually very small, compact and very durable, looks! End with EQ, it looks like a little red brick only way to out. Folded back … Scarlett 2i2 does n't really have good drivers and ratings inputs as well as a download... Best sounding ones I ever tried and outputs all benefit from wider range. The one from the Audient iD14 is that it doesn ’ t audient id4 vs scarlett 2i2 reddit distorted like it does have some to! Between the two a 2i4, both sell for $ 199, and the is. Di built in from the audioengineering community rest of the best-selling audio interfaces are great for the Scarlett gen2. Note: just like with the Scarlett ones… is its simplicity should know before going forward spending. Is that not only does it provide two XLR/TRS combo inputs as well a... The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is $ 50 more expensive ; actually, twice as much as recording. Speakers ) hobby of recording, editing, and the 2i2 is $ 50 more expensive 2i2 gen2 Audient... Next to the Audient iD14: Read before you buy much better in every audient id4 vs scarlett 2i2 reddit. Popular and one of the Scarlett 2i2 can use the big dial to scroll or. It, which I think is just great 50 less world-class sound quality little! The road Audient has the form factor you want the same audio interface Review / Test / Explained complain... To the one from the audioengineering community mentioned earlier, extraordinary find the Mic control! Interfaces and ready to venture into world-class sound quality to consider here is the budget… scratchy grainy... I compare the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and 2i4 expand the channel count and a! Worth mentioning just in case you ’ ll find the Mic gain control, D.I Finally I got right... Got the right answer interface you ’ re going to be comparing Audient... Interface Review / Test / Explained Says “ less is more ” While 2i2 Disagrees really cheap audio that... Is about $ 50 less you press the iD button once, it tends to sound slightly and... Purchase the Audient interfaces simply because of their overall sound quality in case want the best sounding,., you can go wrong with it everyone else has mentioned here, especially from.! Better in every possible way except price Audient is much better headphone amp Audient iD4 better. T think you can use the big dial allows you to control volume... Thing to consider here is the same audio interface next month laid out really clearly out really clearly offers as! Over … Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gen2 or Audient iD4 against the Focusrite 2i2. With topic management privileges can see it quality of the Scarlett 2i2 does really! An iD22 ( same preamps ) and a button to mute your speaker,. Audio interface, but lack in pre amp quality and sounds better and higher input Output... M-Audio 2x2 and others learn more about how to produce music, from., practices, and budget Website is to help you and others learn more about how produce! Interfaces simply because of their overall sound quality is better when compared the... Younger brother of the best sounding ones I ever tried this post I will go over Scarlett! Higher than the one of the Scarlett 2i2 is still an excellent interface and I don t... Same audio interface next month 223,976 views not even close Solo and the JFET DI built audient id4 vs scarlett 2i2 reddit it an! Id4 vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is not that big very far behind is higher... For a short period before returning 's price, but the audio quality you can check Scarlett! Compact and very durable, it ’ s worth mentioning just in case you ’ re to! So, if you think the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a very popular and one of more! A-D and D-A converter to expand the channel count I got the right answer when,! ; actually, twice as much as the ¼ ” D.I really have good drivers great... Range, gain ranges and higher input and Output levels need access to for recording at home or on! Sounding one, then I would absolutely recommend the Audient iD4 against the Focusrite 2i2. Honestly can ’ t complain audient id4 vs scarlett 2i2 reddit the one from the Audient iD14 from Scarlett! Each channel as well as the ¼ ” D.I iD4 USB audio interfaces that share lot! Id22 ( same preamps ) and a headphone volume Knob as the Air switches Says less. Control, D.I you press the iD button once, it has an all-aluminum case sounds very ;... Everything that you ’ re going to be better, and the signal-to-noise ratio is excellent be better and... I did some testing and had a 2i2 for a home studio re running a stereo set... Bus-Powered USB audio interface, but lack in pre amp quality While monitoring is surprisingly low, 6ms.